My favorite verses about God’s love:
- God told them, “I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!” –Jeremiah 31: 3, The Message
- “I paid a huge price for you: All of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in! That’s how much you mean to Me. That’s how much I love you! I’d sell of the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.” –Isaiah 43: 4, The Message
- Then Christ will make His home in your heart as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. –Ephesians 3: 17-19, New Living Translation
- Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. –1 Corinthians 13: 7, Today’s English Version
- For I am certain that nothing can separate us from His love: neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers, neither the present nor the future, neither the world above nor the world below—there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is ours through Jesus Christ our Lord. –Romans 8: 38-39, Today’s English Version
- It was the day before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for to leave this world and go to the Father. He had always loved those in the world who were His own, and He loved them to the very end. –John 13: 1, Today’s English Version
“…Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24, NIV)
Oftentimes, when we have a dream in our heart, we start off strong. We head down the path toward our goal, and we’re so excited! But along the way, we hit some roadblocks and encounter some adversity. Many times, people will just give up and take the easy way out. But we have to remember, it’s not how we start that counts; it’s how we finish.
Anybody can be fired up at the beginning, but I’m encouraging you to stick with it until the end! Have the determination to go all the way through. Don’t stop at the halfway mark just because times are tough. Don’t quit because you don’t see anything happening. The scripture tells us not to walk by sight, but to walk by faith. Today, if there’s a dream in your heart, something you’re believing for — a relationship to turn around, a business opportunity or to overcome an addiction — keep pursuing it! Run your race to win the prize! Don’t settle until you see the fullness of what God has placed in your heart. As you stand strong in your faith, I believe God will pour out His favor and blessing upon you, and you will see the victory He has in store for you!
To every young lady:
Be beautiful, not to draw men to yourself, but to draw men to God. True beauty is primarily internal and spiritual, not physical. Everything you need as a woman is found in Christ.
“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” —Isaiah 54: 10
“By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken.” —Isaiah 53: 8
God made Jesus endure all those horrible things just to redeem you, despite of your dirt, your shame, and your life. He took the pain. He forsook the Delight of His Eyes. Now, beloved, why, after all those things, will He leave you? Hasn’t He proven enough that He can handle any mess? Have you forgotten that He has cleansed you? Robed you with His own?
He will never leave you, because if He did, it would mean that God has taken Jesus on the Cross for granted, and God is not unfaithful like that. You have a permanent covenant with Him in Christ Jesus, who loves you unconditionally.
My brother and I fought. Again. And it’s my fault. As usual.
But I’m still happy, because I know that it’s going to be okay. I might have felt really down for a while, but I’m okay now. I know that God still loves me, and He knows more than I do, how much I love my brother. And He’s amazing….